Friday, August 28, 2009

Bad Day

So, how can it go from a good reminding post to such a bad one? I'm afraid today is not as uplifting as others or as I would like it to be, but I just need a place to put my thoughts right now. It is not a good morning and I am sure it is mostly my attitude. I have a headache, I'm not sleeping well at night (but of course can in the morning when I need to get up), I have a 2-year old that is pushing the limits and a one-year old that is trying to keep up with her brother. I have been wanting to get up early to read so I can start my day out on a positive note, but with not sleeping good and a child that gets up anywhere from 6 to 6:15, I just can't seem to get up early enough. I know I could probably get up when Michael does and still get to read, but I'm still so tired from not sleeping well and I don't even want to mess with it. So, by the time I do get up he's really awake and I need to get breakfast started. Then there are the mornings like today when Grace decides to wake up earlier than usual so I am getting out of bed and getting her up at the same time. Luckily, I had breakfast planned (a coffee cake I made yesterday and just had to bake this morning), but making the kids wait 30-40 minutes is like making them wait all day. Then I can't even get dressed, go to the bathroom, or check my e-mail without them either coming up to "help" me or getting into something. I walk down this morning after getting dressed and all and find them on a chair in the kitchen getting into the coffee cake, opening a box of cake mix (luckily they didn't get the bag open) and trying to get into the cupcakes. I feel like all I've done is yell all morning (which makes the headache worse) and felt like crying. I've really been trying not to yell and it was going good. Oh, and then I thought well we'll sit down and color some brown paper bags and make puppets. I should have waited until a day when I was really ready to deal with that. I have a midwife appointment at 12 and my pastor's wife is coming to stay with the kids so I don't have to take them....11:30 can't come soon enough. I am hoping to lay down today for a nap when the kids do, but we'll see. Grace decided she still needed a nap this morning. I NEED AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!!!
I guess I'm done ranting now. Hopefully I will have something better to say later.

No comments:

Post a Comment