Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chapter One

Today I am reading Chapter one...Setting Priorities. I've never thought about the fact that when God created the light, water, flowers and wind he just spoke them into existence, but when he created the first person, he lovingly reached down and formed him out of the dust of the ground and then He breathed the first breath into that person. That to me just shows how much more He cares for us than he does for the rest of creation! We are the only ones He can have a personal relationship with and that is what He wants. God is my first priority...not my husband or my kids or others. I am here to bring glory to God.

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them".

According to Matthew 6:33 (one of my favorite verses) my top priority is to seek God. God will handle where I live, what I eat, and the clothes I wear, but I just need to seek after Him, daily.

Mark 8:38 "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels". I do not want Jesus to be ashamed of me when I stand before God in judgment...therefore I will not be ashamed of Him today.

In the book it suggest to write out a purpose statement for each priority area (God, physical family, spiritual family and world). I will work on this and post my statement in another post so I can look back on it in a month to see how I did.

Lord, please help me as I go through this book to see what you want with my life. Help me to make you my first priority. Help me be like you so that others can see you through me. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'll be your biggest cheerleader! Keep it up! You're amazing! I need this book! I can't even make my bed in the morning and you can start a blog with two little ones and another on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my bed isn't made either! LOL You know my priorities still aren't all lined up! HAHA

    ReplyDelete