Thursday, August 20, 2009

Random thoughts for today

Ok, so no reading thoughts today (I actually haven't done my reading yet). My sister-in-law commented on my blogging that she was impressed that with 2 little ones and another on the way that I could do it when she can't even get her bed made. So....I made my bed today! LOL I had been in a good habit of making it, but lately had been slacking. I realized she was right....it does make me feel better when it's made because it's at least one thing I've gotten done today! It was a pretty good day although I felt very tired most of the day. I don't know if it's the 3rd trimester kicking in or not enough good stuff to eat, but I hope I haven't lost my energy yet.

I did get to spend time with a friend this morning. She stopped by with her 3 year old son. The kids all played while we sat and talked. It is so nice to have the kids at the age where I can sit and talk with a friend again. It would be better if I had more friends drop in now! Then this afternoon I was able to watch a friend's little girl while she went to the gym. Her little girl has not liked going to the day care in the gym since they came back from vacation in May so she has not been able to go work out. I told her she was welcome to drop her off at our house and we could see how it would go. She did try going to the gym first, but she didn't like it so she brought her on over. She cried and screamed for about 30 mins then decided it wasn't so bad being here and started playing with some toys. As long as I didn't talk to her she was fine. :-) She played for about 30 mins then all the sudden started crying again. Then she cried till her mom came back. I told her she didn't cry the whole time and that I would be glad for her to keep trying. I think we are going to try to just have them come over and play a couple times so she can get used to me and the kids and the house more. She does like the dog so that helps. When my friend came to pick her daughter up she offered to watch our kids tomorrow night so Paul and I could go out. I think we are going to take her up on the offer. I didn't watch her little girl so she would watch ours, but this could be a good thing.

Michael has been listening to Patch the Pirate a lot lately. He would listen to it all day long if I would let him, but since we only have 2 cd's I'm not ready for that. :-) I can tell he is really listening to it though because he repeats some of the phrases. And then out of the blue during the day he will say them. Sometimes it takes me a minute to figure out what he's talking about. Grace really likes the music so she likes listening to them too.

I guess nothing else eventful happened today so I will just say good night now!

1 comment: