Thursday, September 17, 2009

Great day!

Wow, it's been over a week since I last posted something. I'm surprised a couple certain people haven't hollered about that. :-)

I started going to a Bible study this week that will meet every Tuesday. It is a study on motherhood and there are older and younger women in the study. I think it will be good, but I will have to take some things with a grain of salt. It will just be nice to be with other ladies and no kids. A couple other ladies are pregnant also so we were able to talk about that too.

I spent this morning with Barb, my pastor's wife, and her daughter Annie. We met about 10:30 at the mall at Barnes & Nobles. We got coffee at Starbucks and then let the kids play at the train table. They had a good time playing and Grace had a good time unloading the books off the shelves around us. Barb and I were so into talking that at one point I realized Grace was acting hungry so I looked to see what time it was and it was 11:53! I couldn't believe it was almost noon. So we let the kids play a little longer (actually I think we just kept talking). So it was about 12:30 and we decided we needed to go get something to eat. Barb had some coupons in her car for Burger King so we went there. It was a good time and the kids all behaved very well so we were able to talk a lot. It is so great having her around.

We have a lot of health issues going on in the church right now. It is very hard because the people are very open to letting us know what is really happening. Then all the sudden we realize they are not doing well at all. Barb and I are both wanting to help where we can, as in making meals, etc., so we are trying to figure out what each one really needs.

The kids are now in the same room. They are doing very well at night, but nap times weren't working out so I set up the pack 'n' play in the other room and have been putting Grace in there. It is working a lot better. We will just have to see what we have to do when the baby comes.

I have been doing well with spending time in God's Word each day. I started Genesis 1 on September 9 and here it is the 17th and I haven't missed a day. I think it helps having a piece of paper that I am keeping track on and also having Paul reading it too and keeping each other accountable. Now for the meals, house cleaning and the other things on my purpose statement...I am still working on those. I guess one thing at a time.

Well, that's all for now. Both kids are asleep and Michael will probably be up soon so I should lay down before he gets up.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up girl! Wish I were there to spend time with you too! I'm SO jealous of Barb!!!!!!!!! Hoep she knows how lucky she is! Love you!

    ReplyDelete