Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A morning with 2 little ones

So, Paul got the laptop working so I was drinking my coffee and trying to have some down time this morning while the kids were playing. They were playing fine until they saw that I was sitting down and had the computer on. So, Grace thinks she has to be on my lap if I'm sitting and not just sitting, she has to climb all over. I finally got them coloring so that helped. Then Michael wanted to watch some t.v. I figured since he hadn't watched any this morning it would be fine and Clifford was on. So he was watching it and I finally got Grace to go down with him. I guess not a good idea. She decided to keep turning the t.v. off. So this results in Michael yelling at her to turn it back on and her yelling at him "no" (her favorite word lately). So, I told Michael just to turn it back on. At one point I guess he was trying to turn it on and she was trying to keep him from it. They were both screaming and as I walked to where I could see them Michael starts crying. I see they are entwined together and going to the floor. Michael is holding his back and crying hard. I ask him what happened and he told me Grace bit him. I look on his back and sure enough there's a mark. This is the second time in 2 weeks that he has been bitten (and by a girl). He never went through a biting phase and I hope he doesn't start now, but I also don't know what to do with Grace since I haven't dealt with this before. Hopefully, this will just be a one time thing. I think she was just defending herself, but she better find a better way to do that or she's going to be in lots of trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I sure hope it's not the start of something. I always wondered what I would do if one of mine started bitting! UGH! I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete