Monday, December 7, 2009

All kinds of emotions

Ok, so lots going on the last few days. Grandpa and Grandma Vawter left us last Monday. The first week of having the 3 kids by myself went pretty well. Michael and Grace both ended up sick though. Grace has been worse than Michael with a fever and just not acting herself. She is still fighting it today. Lydia has been spitting up and yesterday actually vomitted. I was a little concerned at that point so I called my midwife. She said it could be that she's going through a growth spurt and is eating too much, but not to worry unless she starts projectile vomiting or acts dehydrated. I was also thinking it could be acid reflex. She hasn't vomitted again since then, but has been a little more fussy today.

I had a shock this morning. I took Lydia up to change her diaper on our bed. I then left her lay there while I went to put clothes on Grace. Michael came in their room with us then left. I thought he went downstairs. Lydia had started fussing. I realized her crying was getting closer and looked up to see Michael walking from our room to their room carrying Lydia! He was carrying her up on his shoulder and actually had a good hold on her, but it made my heart drop! I explained to him that he wasn't big enough to pick her up or carry her, but that he wasn't in trouble. Hopefully he won't try it again.

Over the weekend I found out that an old friend of mine from IL, Joe Oreskovich, was killed in a car accident. He was married and had 2 girls. I found out yesterday he was hit by a train. They think the sun was in his eyes and he didn't see it, but obviously we will never really know what happened. As far as I know he is now in Heaven with our Lord.

Then this morning I had such exciting news. My sister and brother-in-law are taking in a 16 year old boy that plays on Danny's basketball team. It's so sad that his mom doesn't want him, but we are excited to welcome him into our family. I wish we were going to be at home for Christmas so we can meet him. I am so excited for Danny and Carleta, but know they are in for some changes and challenges. I will definitely be praying for them daily.

I am also starting to think about Christmas and that we will not be with our families. I am trying not to get down about this (yet) and trying to focus on all the fun stuff we are planning to do with the kids. I want to focus on making it a special time for them and not bring everything down with missing home. I know it will be hard, but we did just see Paul's parents and my parents will be here in a couple days for a week. I know it will be hard saying good bye to them though knowing we won't see them at Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. "All kinds of emotioins"...exactly what I felt too! Praying for you! Miss you and Love you TONS!

    ReplyDelete