Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

It's been a good day so far. Paul took Michael and Grace to the Memorial Service at the cemetery and then we went to the park to meet with friends (Rebecca and girls). Then we stayed to have a picnic and stopped by Sonic on the way home for ice cream (and a slush for me). Now it's nap time then we will go have fun with the Redlins later.

Paul was disappointed in Las Cruces this morning.....for one it took forever for him to figure out if they were even having a memorial service anywhere. He searched online for over an hour the other night...newspapers, etc.....and couldn't find anything. Then luckily he saw the little article in the paper yesterday that said there was one. So he took the kids this morning and said there was hardly anyone there and all mostly old people. It's a shame that in a city of 100,000 there were that few of people there to remember what this day is actually about. We did talk about it that it may be no one knows about it since it took him a while to find something on it. There were of course lots of advertisements for the wine festival and all that stuff going on this weekend. Oh well....I'll get off my high horse now.

I have been trying to go through "Juggling Life's Responsibilities" more again and really do it as a study (the whole reason I started this blog). I have been reading over and over in chapter one and have really been stuck on "abundant life" and what it really is. I heard Mark Lowry do a bit on it and I thought it was funny.....he says life is a bunch of ups and downs (like a roller coaster) so abundant life is just bigger ups and downs. I thought that was so funny, but still was trying to figure out what abundant life really meant. I had always thought of it being like a "happy life", but when you think about what abundant means, it doesn't mean happy, it means "more of" or "in excess". So I was still stuck on "what is life then" and maybe Mark Lowry is right. But, while Paul and the older two were gone this morning I was reading it again and really trying to study it out (look up word search, etc) trying to figure out what it could mean. Well, then they all got home and I went to take a shower and get ready to go to the park (since it was almost 11 and I was still in my nightgown). Well, while in the bathroom I had to sit a while so I grabbed Paul's Bible. It has the Scofield notes in it so I was able to look at those and read other verses that were referenced from John 10:10 (where it talks about abundant life). One of the things that I guess was holding me up on this is in the book (Juggling.....) it says to name a few women in your life that have abundant life and what you think their secret is. Well, I kept thinking it can't be just happy and it can't be just more ups and downs, so what is it? Well, in the Scofield notes about life is says "eternal". Then some of the verses it references talk about Christ being "eternal life". As I was reading these verses I just real quick (in the back of my mind) asked God to show me what this all meant. It was like He turned on the light! All the sudden it clicks in my head that "abundant life" is "more of Life" or in other words "more of Christ"! Well, that is why he came was to give us His Life so to me it makes sense now. Ok, so I was going to talk to Paul about this, but I always feel inadequate about talking about things like this with him (ok so not always, but a lot of the time). I am afraid he will either be like "duh, I can't believe you just realized that" (which by the way he would never say it like that) or "no, it's not really saying that" (which again he would not say it like that). So, I haven't talked to him about it, but I know I need to because I don't want to walk around thinking my thoughts are right if they aren't! LOL

So, off to make dessert for tonight and switch the laundry over.

No comments:

Post a Comment