Monday, June 7, 2010

More thoughts

Ok, so instead of talking to Paul about my thoughts from the last post, I just left my blog up so he would read it. He did. Then at bed time he told me he thought I was right. :-) I was really too tired to discuss it so I just smiled and said thanks. Before I had left it up for him (and maybe before I wrote the post) I had e-mailed Anne Elliott, the author of "Juggling Life's Responsibilities". I asked her the same thing. Oh, I guess it was before I wrote the blog because it was before I figured it out. Anyway, I was so excited that she answered me. We have e-mailed back and forth a few times since then. I told Paul it's funny because I feel like I really know her. :-) She is a great encouragement too. She has 5 kids and said she remembers what it was like with the first 3 and hers weren't as close in age as mine. She suggested I read some of the "extra reading" books mentioned in a couple of the chapters in her book to help with things about the kids. I checked and of course our library doesn't have any of them. I need to check a web site Paul told me about to see if I can find any of them for cheap.

Anyway, I also have been thinking more about the abundant life thing and what to look for and how to show it myself. So, I realized the thing to look for and show is the character of God. Which in Anne's book and a couple other places I have found that Galations 5:22-23 is a great list! They are the verses about the Fruit of the Spirit...love, joy, peace, etc. I also looked this up in the notes from Scofield and thought it was neat how he has it listed out as love, joy and peace being an inward character.....longsuffering, gentleness and goodness being character we show to others and faith, meekness and temperance as character shown toward God. So, I guess that's where I will start!

I was then reading something today by Nancy Leigh DeMoss about the Titus 2 woman. Again something Anne has in her book and goes along with what I have been thinking about in finding a lady that shows these qualities and can teach me. I have also learned I am in that age where I can be the younger woman and the older woman. There are always girls younger than yourself (unless you are a newborn) so you can always be teaching someone else. But, I have really thought about it that I am going to be married 6 years in July and I have 3 kids. I have learned a lot in the last few years that I could help someone else with. Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I could tell stories about how we have made it through things and be an encouragement to someone. So, I have started praying that God will bring an older lady into my life (or show me one that is already there) that I can sit down with and really learn from and also that I can be that "older" lady for someone. I pray that He will show a younger girl to me that I can be an encouragement to. I know I can obviously learn from my mom and mother-in-law, but I am really praying that there will be someone closer in geography that God will show to me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment