Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home again Home again

Ok, so we've actually been home a week now, but I'm just getting around to catching up on my blog. We got home last Wednesday around 3 pm. We took 3 days to get home. It was a good trip home too. I was so surprised how well all 3 kids did on the way out and the way back!

We had a great vacation! It was harder adjusting this time for some reason. I don't know if it was because we started out split up or what, but we still had a good time visiting with family and friends and doing lots of fun stuff!

While in IL we went fishing, played in the pool, Michael went to the farm and we went to my cousins wedding reception. Oh, we also went shopping (which I already blogged about). The kids had so much fun being able to run around a big yard and playing on the bikes with Uncle Danny and Aunt Carleta.

In WI we went to the lake swimming and picnic, horse back riding, shopping, saw fire trucks, ambulances and police cars (Michael and Grace also went to see Grandpa at the EMS garage) and played in the pool. We also got to see Uncle Dave, Aunt Melissa, Hallie, Emma, Uncle Andy and Aunt Amie (oh and Izzie too). It was fun seeing Michael, Grace, Hallie and Emma all playing together. The girls were also such a big help. Oh, we also went to get professional pictures done while in WI. It was a chore getting the kids dressed once we got there and getting them on the mat, but once they started they acted like they were professional models!

When we got back the weather here was beautiful then in just a couple days it turned humid and rainy. I guess it was pay backs for rubbing it in to everyone back home about how nice it was here. Now it is still humid and rainy! Then Saturday afternoon I started feeling sick and that night after the kids went to bed I finally got sick. Then all day Sunday I was in bed or on the couch. Not a great way to start back at home....still not back in a routine. Wednesday morning I finally woke up and was feeling a little better. Then Wednesday night Paul started feeling sick. He spent all day in bed or on the couch today. Hopefully he will be better tomorrow....he is already feeling better tonight. So now, maybe I will be able to get back on a schedule (or start one!).

Lydia has started crawling some and then pulling up to things. She also has another tooth poking through her gums and another very close. She has been very clingy since getting home (which has also made it difficult to get things done). I'm not sure if it is because of being gone or the teeth, but I hope she gets through this soon.

We also found out that Paul has to be back at school August 6 for in-service. They start school on August 12. It is a very short summer!

Well, I guess I should get a couple things done that I have been wanting to get done during the day and haven't been able to.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, Lydia's crawling and I haven't even gotten to hold her yet! UGH! I've GOT to get out there!
    Wish I could have seen you!
    Love and miss you LOTS!

    ReplyDelete