Friday, August 20, 2010

Paul gone for a few days

Paul had to go to the high school retreat this year. Of course, he didn't know about it earlier enough to get out of it. Oh well, we have made it through, but let me tell you about the last couple days......

Ok, first off Grace has been potty training now for a week and she is doing awesome! Lydia is waving bye bye, clapping, trying to say bye bye and mama. She is also pulling up to a lot of things and the other day she walked around a chair while holding on.

Ok, so on to the last couple days..... I have met a lot of new ladies lately so I knew I would be busy during the day while Paul was gone. He left Wednesday morning and they get back this afternoon (3 days and 2 nights). Wednesday we went to the park to meet a couple of new moms and kids. The kids had a good time but it was hot. There was some shade so that was good. I had a good time too. The ladies were very nice and easy to get along with. The one mom goes to Calvary Baptist so we may be able to connect more (if we get a chance to really talk...lol). Then that night Susan and Casper (the principal's wife) came over to help me with supper and getting the kids ready for church. Then Susan came back after church to help me get the kids to bed. It was a great help! That night went pretty uneventful. Then Thursday was a little different day. While I was in the bathroom trying to get ready so we could go to the park and meet new moms and kids (a play group I found) Grace decided to go in the other bathroom and get in the cabinet. She was standing up in the sink and had found a small thing of shampoo (like from a hotel) and had it all over her arms. Then later that day when she was supposed to be sleeping she was in my bathroom and up on the sink again and emptied Paul's after shave. I'm not sure how much was in it, but she was filling it up with water so there was none left. Susan then came back last night to help with supper and bed time again. It was bath night too so she gave the girls a bath and then we got them dressed for bed. Michael wanted me to give him a bath so I did while she played with the girls and they picked up the rest of the toys. Then Michael wanted me to put him to bed and not Susan. I think he was really missing daddy. So I put him to bed then Susan put Grace to bed. I then got Lydia to bed. I was trying to go get a shower, but was waiting for the kids to settle down. Grace kept getting up and turning the light on. I went in many times and had to spank her. Susan went in a few times and tried to get them to settle down. Finally just before 9 I thought they were asleep or close to it so I shut the hallway door and we started watching a movie. It was a really good movie, but very sad (a kid died of cancer). It was over about 10:50 and I was hearing noises. I went to open the hallway door just to see that it wasn't the kids. I was wrong. Their door was open, the light was on, and they were wide awake!! I think they were probably awake the whole time! I was so mad....but I came out of their room repeating "I have healthy children, I have healthy children". Susan ended up having to go in once too before they settled down. Finally they were really asleep. I went to bed about 12:30 and of course they were up at 6:30. I couldn't believe it...I thought maybe they would at least sleep till 7. UGH!! Oh well, at least Lydia slept all through the night and woke up at 6:30 and then went back to sleep.

I am planning to go to a play group meet today with other moms that use cloth diapers also. I thought about not going since they had such a short night, but I think it will be better to go a head and go. Plus, they have actually been really good this morning.....maybe they were getting too much sleep! NOT!!! LOL

So, I am ready for Paul to get home today. I guess I don't realize how much of a help it is just to have him here (even if he's not directly doing anything at that time with the kids). Just having the second person really helps. I love you, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment