Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Day at White Sands

The kids and I went to White Sands yesterday. I just decided mid-morning that it would be fun to go out and play for a while and then eat a picnic lunch. We did have a good time, but about half way there I realized it was farther than I was thinking. I thought it would only take us about 20-30 minutes to get there. I forgot it used to take 45 minutes from our other house which was about 10-15 minutes closer. Oh well, it just meant it was 12:30 by the time we got back to where we stopped. I spread out a blanket and the kids got out and started playing right away. I got all the lunch stuff out and Lydia and I started eating. Grace and Michael played for a while then finally came over and grabbed something to eat (quickly, I might add). Then they were off playing again! Lydia stayed on the blanket for a while, but as soon as she felt how cool the sand was in her hands, she was off! Then she was trying to keep up with the other two.




We were there for an hour and a half. The kids played very well and obeyed when I said it was time to go. Of course, it messed up nap time, but oh well, we had a great and relaxing time! And, they slept in this morning! Michael didn't get up till 7:10 and Grace didn't get up till almost 7:30! Lydia was up at 6 and nursed and went back to bed. She is still asleep (it is now 8:50)!

When we got back to town I didn't want to go home for a little bit then have to load them back up to go get Paul so we wasted time at Sonic and I got them some ice cream! So, it was just a special day of treats for them! :-)



This was a view of the mountains on our way back. I just thought it was so pretty.

Since I didn't put pictures on here first...I am having to move them around as I put them on. So, I am just going to do a separate post of some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment