Sunday, February 20, 2011

Trying new things

Today was a day of trying (starting) new things. First, I went for a walk around the park down the street from us. It has a sidewalk all around it and is in a square. I walked around 5 times! I was going to try running, but I just couldn't get myself to do it. I figure I will hopefully go walk for a few days then try the running. It also helped that my husband bought me an MP3 player for a Not-A-Valentine's-Day gift. I now have something to listen to while I'm walking. I also listen to it all day long! I just keep one ear bud in so I can also hear the kids.

Then, I came home and was thinking about how to keep better track of our finances. I looked on our bank's web site and realized they can set up a budget on there, but I couldn't customize it for us. So, I found a program on our computer that I could download. Since we don't use Windows I'm not able to use Quick Books or at least I don't think I can. Anyway, we had a few free ones we could download so I tried different ones and finally decided on the one. Since we just changed banks at the beginning of January it made it really easy to get it all set up. Now, I have a budget set up, can see reports and everything! I am going to really like this!!

Now, I'm at home instead of at church. My little girl, Grace, has a 102.6 temperature. She's been coughing, but we thought it was just from her being sick before and the cough wasn't going away. The lady that was in the nursery this morning asked if she was getting sick again because she sounded congested. So, when we got home she wasn't wanting to eat and her eyes looked "funny". So, Paul took her temperature and it was 100.8 then. He gave her medicine and put her down for a nap. When she got up she was acting fine and ate something, but then she was sitting on Paul and he said she was burning up. Before he left for church I took her temperature again (I had to make sure I used the thermometer right....we got a new one for FREE...I'll tell you about that in a minute). That's when it was 102.6. Now, she is laying on the floor watching t.v. That is unusual for her. Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.

Ok, so for the thermometer....I guess Paul entered a contest about what the temperature would be at the Super Bowl. He said he was no where near the right degree, but he still got a thermometer and it said he won. I think they just sent them to everyone who entered! LOL It is one of the new ones that you just rub across their forehead. It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment