Thursday, February 3, 2011

What to do when you want to get out of the house......

Well, after being stuck in the house yesterday we decided last night (after finding out Paul would be home again today) that we would go to Carl's Jr today so the kids could play somewhere, but be inside. So, about 9:30 this morning we ventured out to Carl's Jr. I should mention here that we are the worst parents in the world (and yes, I'm admitting this)......we got in the van and it was only 2 degrees....I looked at Paul and said "we are awful parents.....it is 2 degrees and we only put jackets on our kids! So, anyway we get to Carl's Jr and there are no cars in the parking lot and there is a sign on the door. We pull up to the door and it says they are closed till 11:30 because of the heater. Fine. We'll go to McDonald's. I drop Paul, Michael and Grace off at McDonald's and drive over to deliver our rent check. As I am getting ready to leave the property management office Paul calls and says the play place at McDonald's is closed. So, I went to pick him up and try a different McDonald's. We pull in to the other McDonald's and he goes in to check. Comes back out shaking his head. So we drive back over by the other McDonald's to see if Gym Magic is open.....nope. So, we look at Burger King....no play place. Turn around....go to mall. Barnes and Nobles has a train table & coffee!! Get there.....mall is only open for walkers. The stores will open at noon! At this point I'm saying "give me a break......it's fine today!". So, we gave up and went to Wal-Mart to get a couple things and got a large fry at the McDonald's there just to occupy the kids while we shopped. Then we came home and ate lunch and they took naps. We really wanted to do something fun though so we decided to see what movies were playing. We ended up having to wake up the girls from their naps so we could leave, but it was worth it! We took Lydia to a sitter and then took Michael and Grace to see "Tangled". Michael had gone to the theater with a friend of ours a while back to see "Toy Story 3", but Grace had never been. We weren't sure how she was going to do since she is only 2 1/2 and because she wasn't happy about being woke up (now she knows how I feel every morning!). They both did WONDERFUL!! They really enjoyed the movie (and so did daddy and I) and they were pretty quiet. There were only about 3 other families in the theater so it was perfect. I even had to call my mom as we left to tell her. I got off the phone and Paul told me I was giddy. LOL Well, it had been a while since we had been to the theater too and I was so excited the kids did well. We will definitely do this again (in a couple months when we can save some money up for it!) but only for special occasions so it stays special. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment