Monday, March 7, 2011

It had to be today!

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems no matter what you do it doesn't turn out right? Well, today was one of those days. Of course, it had to be the day I was working on cooking stuff for Bill (see http://wifeandmommyhobby.blogspot.com if you don't know what I'm talking about). I'm trying to even think of where it all began. I guess most of the day seemed fine, but then it was all this evening. The lasagna I had frozen a couple weeks ago I pulled out about 3:30 to fix for supper tonight. I thought "sure it's frozen, but that just means it will take a little longer". It was one I had made with home made noodles (which we've not been too crazy about yet because I can't get them thin enough). I also made a loaf of French bread and made it into garlic bread to try out. I am supposed to make it for Bill too. He wants it really garliky so I thought I would try tonight and see how it turned out. Well, the way I did it didn't really work too well and wasn't even very garliky at all. So, hopefully what I make tomorrow will be better. Then the lasagna wasn't fully cooked or the noodles don't like to be frozen already mixed in the lasagna. I don't know, but Paul ate one end piece and I think thought it was ok. Then he had another piece (closer to the middle) and said the noodles weren't done or something. Oh yea, guess I should back up a little bit......after I already had the lasagna in the oven I had to leave to go pick up Paul. On the way home he starts telling me stuff about school and of course I don't understand and just get upset because to me it's not the way it should be and someone needs to step up and tell the school they should change the way they think......are they there for academics or athletics! Ok, I'm off my high horse now. But, anyway this of course put me in a foul mood, then the lasagna wasn't good. Then I thought since I was making all this food for Bill I didn't want Paul to think I had forgotten about him so I made him a German chocolate cake (from a mix I had in the cabinet). Of course, as the way my day was already going, they wouldn't come out of the pan (I never have problems with those pans!!) so the one tore (I made 2 round cakes). Then I go to ice them and had a can of icing. I guess I put too much in between the layers so I didn't have quite enough to cover the top. I'm sure it tastes fine (although he never said) but it looks horrible! Then we went out for a while to visit with a couple from church. We get home and the front door wasn't completely shut. It has one of those things at the bottom of it to keep air out and it had slid out enough that we thought the door shut, but it didn't latch. So, at first I was a little paranoid about walking in. Then everything was fine and we got the kids to bed. I decided I was going to do a couple more things tonight so I wouldn't have to do them tomorrow. So, I made the blackberry stuff. I didn't think about it that the pie crust I had in the freezer was from when Paul's students were here for Jan Term and we did a cooking thing with them. So, the pie crust wasn't as good as if I had made it. I just hope Bill enjoys it. Then I go to get the chicken out to make barbecue chicken. I decided I would put it in the crock pot over night and then tomorrow I would just have to tear it apart. Of course, I bought the chicken last Thursday and never put them in the freezer so they went bad (I had 2...one for us and one for Bill). So, now I have to either get up and get to the store before Paul has to leave in the morning or I have to get out early and take all 3 kids to get a new chicken. It just seems like one of those days where I can't do anything right!! I hope tomorrow is better. I really don't want to screw up my first food order for Bill!! Ok, now I will quit complaining. I think I'm going to go get a quick shower and then read a little of a new book I got. My mother-in-law told me about it (I'm not sure if she was trying to tell me something, but even if she wasn't I know I need it!). The book is "Lord, Change My Attitude (Before It's Too Late)" by James MacDonald. I know I need to just get to bed, but I think starting this book tonight might be a good idea! Good night all. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a better report.

No comments:

Post a Comment