Tuesday, November 8, 2011

News and updates

Wow....here I keep thinking I'm going to get back into blogging on a regular basis. Where does the time go?!

Ok, so the big news......Carleta and Danny are adopting twin boys!!!!!! They are due around December 17 (I'm due the 18th). Since they are twins we are thinking they will be coming any time. Last weekend the girls and I went down to my parents' house so we could go to the baby shower. We had such a great time. It was fun seeing all the gifts she got and all the support and encouragement she is getting. It was even more fun to go over to their house Sunday night to look at everything closer and be able to help her decide what else she needs. I love that she is asking me for advice! :-) We can't wait for Carson & Carter to arrive!!! Unfortunately, no matter when they are born I won't get to see them till Christmas (unless they make a trip up here!). ;-) It is going to be a wild Christmas though with 3 new babies and 3 older kids! Watch out grandma and grandpa cause here they come!!! LOL

Today Paul put Lydia in the toddler bed for nap time. It is the first time she is in it. So far so good. We'll see how well she sleeps though. She has also started going potty on the big potty some. We're not really pushing it, but she loves doing it. They are all just growing up so fast. Michael already has another tooth coming in so he has 2 loose ones now. Grace is becoming such a "mommy". I am hoping she is going to be a big help with the new baby....but first we have to take care of this attitude problem! :-/

The people at the church have been so welcoming and accepting. We now have two freezers full of food!!! It so awesome how they take care of us! We have started doing a family meal time and a kids' group on Wednesday nights. We are seeing more people coming for it. The ladies have been so great to me! They gave me a gift certificate for Blessings Unlimited (I may have mentioned that before...I can't remember). I finally placed my order and it arrived on the weekend while I was gone. I didn't even get a chance to open it yet! I hopefully will this afternoon.

Paul's brother, Andy, and his wife welcomed the arrival of their new baby girl this last week! She is so adorable! We've only seen pictures so far, but can't wait to meet her! I received an e-mail from Amie today with the birth story and it was so neat to see all the details of how Azalea arrived. It sounds like it was a great birth! Congratulations!

Well, I think that's all for now......now time to lay down for a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment