Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Things since camping...

Ok, so the reason it took me so long to write about camping is because there has been so much going on since then.  We got home on Thursday and we were home all day Friday.  Saturday, Paul drove the kids and I down to El Paso, IL to meet my mom.  We then traded cars (she brought Grandma Welch's car) and the kids and I went to my parents' house.  My Grandma Welch is not doing well and I wanted to go at least one more time to see her.  I was glad I went.  I stayed at her house since she was staying at my parents' house.  That way it was a little less stress on my parents (I hope).  We stayed till Tuesday.  The kids had a good time each day in the pool with their Grandma and I was able to spend some time with my Grandma.

Then after we got home on that Tuesday we had a busy week.  I have started taking care of a friend's son on Thursday and Friday of each week.  So, I had him that week, plus Paul's ordination council was on Friday.  I was also at the ordination council.  It was a great day and I enjoyed hearing him stand up and tell the men what and why he believed what was in his doctrinal statement.  The council voted to have him ordained so on Sunday we had his ordination service.  Friday night we had his parents and brother, Dave, and his family over to grill out and go to the fireworks.  We had a great evening being able to talk with them.  Sunday his parents, Dave & family, his younger brother, Andy & family, his sister and my parents were all able to join us for the special service.  His cousin and his family were able to drive up from Rockford to join us too.  We had a great day fellowshipping with the church family and our families. 

Monday, we joined his family at the Madison zoo.  We had a great time even though it was really hot.  When we left the zoo his family all went home, but we decided to take the kids to Ella's Deli.  It is a really neat restaurant with lots of toys hanging from the ceiling that move and a big carousel outside that the kids can ride on.  Paul really likes the blue moon ice cream that he can only get there!  It was my first time there...it was really neat.  Levi even liked it because there was lots to look at. 

Wednesday, I had to take Lydia to the eye doctor.  She had a red and swollen eye.  We thought maybe she got sand in her eye at my parents' house.  I couldn't get her in to the family doctor so took her to the eye doctor.  He thought it was possible that she had sand in there blocking the pores.  I had to take her back today.  In the meantime we noticed she had a rash that was spreading.  So, I tried getting her into the family doctor again today, but he wasn't in.  So, I decided to take her to the walk-in clinic.  After 3 hours of going to the doctor we found out she has a sty and just a rash that was caused by being in contact with something.  So, she is on an antibiotic and using a hydrocortizone cream.  We'll give it a few days and see what happens.

I think that is all that has happened now. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a memorable and busy summer! Congrats to Paul.

    ReplyDelete