Saturday, September 8, 2012

Memories












Before my Grandma Welch passed away I was able to go through her recipe cards and picked out some to use myself.  My sister knew I had the cards and found an idea on Pinterest that she thought I should try.  After Grandma died I was able to get some handkerchiefs of my Great-Grandma's.  So, I elaborated on the idea my sister gave me.  I bought some 8x10 frames at a thrift store.  I ended up paying only $.25-50 for them! They don't match, but it didn't matter because of where I was going to put them.  They also looked like "older" frames to me so I liked that.  I put a handkerchief in and then put 1-3 recipe cards on top.  The top picture with the flowered handkerchief is my favorite.  I then put them on top of my cabinets in the kitchen.  I had a couple glass bowls that were wedding gifts that I put up with them. And one bowl that I had brought home after my Grandma's funeral.  That's all that the picture shows, but since that picture I have added an old mixing bowl that was Grandma's and a few antique kitchen items.  I will have to try to get another picture of all that.  I really like how it all turned out.  

By the way, sorry for how this post looks.  Blogspot changed it's layout and this is the first time I've tried to post pictures with my blog since it changed.  I can't figure out how to lay it out now.  :-)



1 comment:

  1. That is such a neat idea!! I've always liked those cabinets with the space on top, but never knew what to put up there. Thanks for sharing.
    Moe

    ReplyDelete