Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Time away!

This last Friday and Saturday was the WFBC Ladies Retreat at Green Lake Conference Center.  I had 11 ladies from the church (a couple that were friends of ladies at the church) go with me!!  It was an exciting time!  Then Monday and Tuesday Paul and I got some time away.  We had Paul's mom come to stay with the kids.  Levi is not completely done nursing, but enough that we knew Carole would be able to handle him even over night.  :-)  Wayne came on Monday too so they could take the kids to the Jelly Belly Factory....I almost skipped out on time alone just so I could go too!  :-)  Paul and I were staying in a bed & breakfast near Williams Bay and Lake Geneva.  We couldn't check in until 4 pm so we ended up going "shopping" in Lake Geneva.  I put that in quotes, because it is so expensive that all we did was look!  There were places that had cute dresses, but they were over $200 and $300!!! Then we ate lunch downtown Lake Geneva.  After that we went to Target! LOL  I know what a date!  We were just trying to waste time.  We did get Starbucks while we were there.  :-)  Then it was time we could go to the bed & breakfast.  It was beautiful and probably even more in the spring or fall.....we had a view of the lake and a fireplace.  On Tuesday we went to McHenry, IL so we could go to Olive Garden.  We ended up going shopping again, but this time we were able to buy things since we went to Dick's Sporting Goods, $5 Below, TJ Max, and Hobby Lobby!  Then we figured out there was a Steak 'n' Shake right there so we got milkshakes on the way home!  It's only 30 minutes away...now that I know there is a Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabric, Michael's AND Steak 'n' Shake all right near each other I will probably have to make another trip down there.  :-)  We came back home to enjoy pizza with Carole and the kids before Paul went to his Bible study.  It was a nice time away, but we decided we need to be gone for 2 nights next time since it takes so long to relax and then we had to find things to do (which meant spend money) since we didn't have much time at the bed & breakfast.

I do have to wonder though....why it is that while we are at the bed & breakfast and I COULD sleep in because there are no little ones crawling in bed with me or fighting...that I can't....then when we are home I just want to stay in bed!  :-)

I am so thankful to have a mother-in-law that is not afraid to come stay overnight with all 4 kids.....and she got my laundry all done too!!

Now to get my behind in gear.....my parents are coming up tomorrow night and my sister & Danny are coming Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment