Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vacation and such

So, I guess it's a good thing I don't get paid for blogging! I would never make any money since I never keep up with it!  LOL

I just wanted to post a little something though about vacation.  We are on our way back home from Wyoming.  We were able to leave last Tuesday and travel out to Wyoming with Paul's parents.  We went to visit his Grandma Collea and Carl and his aunts and uncles.  It was great meeting all of his aunts and uncles (I had only met 1 before).  Since we had to take 2 vehicles we had planned to split the kids up between both vehicles...2 in each car.  We then decided we were both taking our smaller vehicles because it would be better on fuel.  We are not all the way back home yet, but the car ride out and back (so far) has been pretty good and uneventful (other than seeing a burnt out semi today). The drive has reminded me so much of New Mexico and our drives back and forth.  The mountains are beautiful and I didn't realize how much I missed seeing them.  We also saw a lot of antelope while in WY. Even right out front of Paul's grandma's house where we stayed.  Oh and we stopped to see Mount Rushmore and Wall Drug on the way out.

We did so much while we were there.....went to museums, they kids and the guys climbed Antelope hill (at least that's what they call it), went to the freezing cold lake, went to Independence Rock.......

We also spent time at Uncle Bob's and Aunt Theresa's house and at Uncle Dale and Aunt Susan's house.  The kids enjoyed their time at both houses.  At Uncle Bob's they got to play in a kiddie pool that was filled partially with the hot tub water and then water from the hose.  They really enjoyed it when Uncle Bob poured the hot tub water on their heads.  Then of course they loved the ice cream cones! Another night they got to go to the playground that was nearby.  Uncle Bob and Paul took care of all 4 of them.  They had fun at Uncle Dale's house where they got to watch him feed the horses and cows and help pick veggies from the garden.  Michael enjoyed playing with one of the cats too...but don't tell daddy.  :-) Then they had fun playing the kazoos that Aunt Theresa brought....the whole family was playing them.....well except Carl, who was sleeping, and me.  :-)  I think Aunt Susan left the room at that time too.

We have some great memories now of WY!

A couple lessons I learned along the way....probably more, but it's late and I'm tired.....First, I learned from a wiser, older lady that when you wear skirts you use powder to keep your thighs from chaffing! And second, that when you are headed home and you are all tired and you are hungry....it is not the time to get mad at your spouse, especially over something as stupid as you just didn't understand what they were explaining. Maybe it was because I wasn't really listening closely or maybe it was because of the noise from the back seat, but whatever it was it wasn't worth spending the rest of the afternoon, evening and night being mad and not knowing how and when to talk to each other.  I think we have both been trying to make it "right", but then it just gets worse.  (sigh) Well, here's to getting off of the computer now to eat some humble pie, wash my feet and go to bed.  We have a long day in the car tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment